Wadhurst Place wins Sussex Heritage Trust Award in Large Residential Category
Wadhurst Place is a large mansion house with separate stable block, situated close to the market town of Wadhurst, in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty of East Sussex. The house and stables date from 1885. The site was in use as School from 1930 and following this as a college until 2001. Following this, the site lay vacant and neglected until restoration work commenced in 2015. During this fallow period, the Manor House and the associated stables were Grade II listed in 2009
OSP have been involved with the site since 2005, preparing drawings for several different developers before finally obtaining an outline planning consent in 2012 for the conversion of the listed buildings into 17 residential apartments and the provision of 26 new houses within the grounds.
In 2015, Newcourt Residential purchased the site and OSP continued their involvement, obtaining a Reserved Matters Consent and preparing detailed drawings to enable Newcourt Residential to commence work on the site.
The conversion of the Listed Buildings has now been completed and the majority of the Apartments are occupied. The construction of the new houses within the grounds continues apace. OSP have made several additional planning applications on the site as works progress, amending design aspects and also gaining consent for an additional 15 houses within the grounds.
Newcourt Residential recently put the scheme forward for consideration in the Sussex Heritage Trust Awards 2018 and OSP were delighted to be present at the awards ceremony to jointly receive with Newcourt Residential an Award in the Large Scale Residential category. A well-deserved win for Newcourt Residential and recognition of OSP’s long association with this site.