Summers Place, Billingshurst
Berkeley Homes (Southern) Ltd
Major Residential · Conservation
Rebuilt in 1880 by the architect John Norton, the Manor House dates back to the 13th century and, following a spell as a convent school after World War II, it became the headquarters for Sotheby’s in the Southern counties. Sotheby’s consolidated their activities in 2009 allowing Summers Place to be converted into luxury apartments together with a new residential development and Berkeley Homes’ Southern headquarters offices.
Sussex Heritage Awards 2010 – ‘Large Scale Residential’